Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Let me sum up.

We celebrated Christmas about 5 times because the girls were with their mom on the actual day.  We were with my mom on the actual day.  I felt more Christmassy this year than I ever have in no small part to having done most of my shopping online which makes it SO MUCH BETTER.  I love Amazon. This is also the first year I successfully had a Christmas savings account, which also makes Christmas so much less stressful. Last but not least, I was able to talk to my brother on his mission, which was my Christmas highlight.  We spent New Year's with the girls playing Dance Central and eating crappy food.  Ryan Seacrest, I've decided, is a poor man's Dick Clark.

Somewhere in the middle of all that we also celebrated our first anniversary.  We didn't have the ability to go away anywhere or do anything too special (the downside to being married so close to Christmas).  I dedicated my husband a song and bought him the Batman trilogy.  All day I kept saying, "A year ago at this time we were...."  I loved our wedding day. It was fun to remember and honor how much we have both done in the last year.  I love The Mister more than ever.  He is my example on how to worry less and love more.  He is my constant safe place.  I am pleased to announce that I do not feel trapped by marriage at all. We talk about everything.  We own when we're wrong.  He challenges and loves me simultaneously. It is opening places in me I didn't know were there.  I am becoming softer and (hopefully) more adaptable.  Paradoxically, it also grounds me so well that I feel safer setting up clear boundaries for my happiness.  So if you're my family or friend, you hopefully see that I'm softening.  If you're my boss, you're hopefully learning that I'm getting better at saying no and not caring what you think.

I look forward to many more years with My Mister.




No comments:

Post a Comment