Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dear Heidikins,

It's your 30th birthday today.  Happy Freaking Birthday!  I just wanted to publically write you a little love note.  

The whole reason we even met was because we dated the same guy (at different times). You triggered all my fear and insecurity.  You were everything I believed I wasn't.  His and your best gift to me was to give me the opportunity to learn that I was strong enough to let go of my fear and see you as a fellow woman trying to do her thing on the planet.  Just like me.

And now, some time later, we have both  married men with kids.  Who knew our lives would be so parallel?  After a long weekend with the kids, you know what I'm talking about.  When I need to talk about the curious stepmom/mom divide, you get it.  When I talk about the Mister's issues from his previous marriage, you feel me.  

We can discuss feminism, religion, world events, fashion, sugar fasts, and gingerbread houses - and I love every second.  

You're fabulous.  Thanks for being my touchstone during this crazy, crazy time of transition for us both.  May you get ponies, sexy time, and birthday cake (but none tomorrow).




1 comment:

  1. Oh lawsy, you done made me cry! Tears, all over my face! Thank you so much! For "getting" me, for listening to me, for supporting me, and for this very sweet birthday message.

    Lots of love,
    xox

    ReplyDelete