Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How the books I read are changing

I have always loved books.  They are like going home for me.  I love nothing more than to disappear into a book for hours.  Books are the only thing I like skipping sleep for.  As a child, I always read fiction.  Always.  Non-fiction was boring.  But the past few years, that has been changing.  I am increasingly drawn to real life.  Here are the books I want to add to my shelves as soon as possible:

The Psychopath Whisperer by Kent A. Kiehl  (What can I say?  I have a dark side.)
Gulp by Mary Roach  (I read her book Stiff, and I loved it.  I want more books that make me want to hurl.)

I still read fiction.  I just finished Divergent, and enjoyed it for what it was.  But lately, it's non fiction that really gets me excited.  

2 comments:

  1. I really like Mary Roach's writing, I love laughing out loud while reading. :) And I'm also (for the most part) a non-fiction girl.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been the same way. I used to be almost exclusively a fiction girl but lately I've been reading a lot of non-fiction and I'm loving it. I've been reading a lot of memoirs.

    ReplyDelete